Grounds maintenance service
Our grounds maintenance contractors maintain the communal grounds of our estates. The number of visits each month depends on the time of year. For example, grass cutting will take place more regularly during the growing season.
If your home comes with a grounds maintenance service, you can expect the following service standards.
- Grass cutting – This is weather dependent but we endeavour to cut grass every two weeks between March and October.
- Hedge cutting - This'll usually consist of one cut per year, and will take place outside of the bird nesting season which is between February and July.
- Shrub pruning - We'll cut all shrubs in communal areas. All shrubs should be kept at a height of no more than 160 centimetres. Some shrubs will require hard pruning at times, which may lead to the shrubs looking unsightly for a short time before they regrow. Yearly prune unless overgrowing paths or creating a health and safety hazard
- Shrub beds - These will be kept weed free through a combination of treatment and hand weeding.
- Weed control – Hard standing areas will normally receive four sprays during the growing season between March and October.
- Leaf collection - Will take place monthly on each site visit between October and January.
- Hard areas - All hard areas will be swept monthly, with all litter removed and any build-up of debris removed.
- Trees – An annual tree survey will take place, which'll inform us of any work required for health and safety purposes. We'll not normally prune trees to improve TV/satellite reception, if they block light or drop leaves or fruits.
What isn't included?
- Removal of green rubbish generated by customers.
- Maintenance of any plants or shrubs planted by customers.
- Removal of any garden furniture or any other items that could impede grounds maintenance duties such as grass cutting. It's up to residents to ensure areas of grass are free of all obstacles.