We take the safeguarding of everyone extremely seriously and have clear policies and procedures in place to ensure the people we support are protected from harm.
Please help us to keep everyone safe by immediately reporting any concerns you have that someone is being abused or harmed, or may be at risk.
Abuse may include (but isn't limited to):
- Physical abuse - including hitting, slapping, pushing, kicking, misuse of medication, restraint or inappropriate sanctions.
- Sexual abuse - unwanted touching, kissing, sexual assault or sexual acts to which a person hasn't or couldn't consent to, or was pressured into consenting to.
- Emotional/psychological abuse - shouting or swearing that makes a person afraid or behaviour that's threatening or isolating.
- Financial or material abuse - theft or fraud in relation to money or property, taken without consent or under pressure.
- Neglect and acts of omission - not being cared for properly or denied privacy, choice or social contact.
- Domestic violence - including psychological, physical, sexual, financial, emotional abuse or so-called ‘honour’-based violence.
- Discriminatory abuse - suffering from the above on the grounds of religion, culture, age, gender, sexuality or disability.
- Modern slavery – including human trafficking, forced labour and domestic servitude.
- Organisational abuse – mistreatment or abuse by a ‘regime’ within an institution or service.
How to report a safeguarding concern
We have designated safeguarding leads working for the Group and we take all reports seriously.
We want to ensure everyone we come into contact with is protected from harm.
If you're concerned about a child or vulnerable adult, please report this immediately via email:
You can also contact the social care department at your local authority.
Sometimes knowing where to turn for help with a problem can be hard and reaching out for that help can be even harder. We've taken some of the stress out of this by putting together a list of just some of the support available to you for a wide range of issues.