Home ownership purchase options
Buying your next or first home is one of the biggest financial decisions of your life and therefore, it’s important to understand all the options that are available to you.
To help you to make an informed decision, we’ve provided an overview of the various home ownership options we offer, which could help you onto the property ladder for the first time or assist you in securing your next home.
If you’d like any further advice or information, our Sales Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have. To get in touch, fill in our online form below or call us on 0345 601 9095.
Shared Ownership is a great way for you to get a foot on the property ladder if you can’t afford to buy a home outright on the open market. It can ease the pressure of needing to save for a large deposit, or having to make high mortgage repayments.
Essentially, it means you’ll be buying a share of your home – usually between 25 and 75 percent – and paying an affordable rent on the remainder. When you are in a position to do so, it’s also possible to buy further shares in your home; this is known as Staircasing.
Older People’s Shared Ownership (OPSO)
Shared Ownership is also available for the over 55’s. This scheme is aimed at helping older people, offering peace of mind and a great retirement option.
If your personal or financial circumstances have changed or you’re looking for the security of home ownership but cannot afford to buy a home on the open market this could be the right option for you.
With Shared Ownership for the over 55’s, you can purchase a share of your home – usually between 25 and 75 percent – paying an affordable (?) rent on the remaining share. You can increase your percentage ownership through Staircasing by buying more shares in your home.
If you choose to purchase the maximum 75 percent share in your home, you don’t have to pay rent on the remaining 25 percent*.
(*Lease conditions apply and can vary on schemes and property types. There may still be an ongoing service charge payable in some circumstances).
Help to Buy: Equity Loan
Help to Buy is a great option for first-time buyers or for those looking to move up the property ladder; helping you to move with just a five percent deposit.
The Help to Buy scheme could assist you in securing a mortgage, if you’re not in a positon to put down a large deposit. You’ll need just a five percent deposit and a repayment mortgage of up to 75 percent of the value of the property.
The remaining 20 percent of the full purchase price will be lent to you by the Government through a Help to Buy: Equity Loan. You won’t be charged interest on the equity loan for the first five years of owning your home.
Luxury living for over 55's
We also expertly design, build and manage homes exclusively for the over 55’s.
Our retirement developments provide luxury homes as well as relaxing and welcoming communal spaces and landscaped gardens, creating vibrant and friendly communities.
We offer a variety of purchasing options including, Freehold ownership, Leasehold ownership and Shared Ownership*, giving you the chance to secure your ideal retirement property, whatever your circumstances.
(*Subject to eligibility conditions)
To find out more about these options or request further information on one of our properties, please fill in the form below.
Are you dreaming of your own place to call home, but struggling to save towards your mortgage deposit?
With Rent to Buy, you can move into your new home now, renting the property on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy basis for a period of up to five years.
During this time, you’ll pay a reduced rent of just 80 percent of the full open market rent value, giving you the extra help to save towards your mortgage deposit.
You can purchase your home from us on a Shared Ownership basis during years one to five, or on an outright basis at the end of the five-year term.
We also offer a range of homes for outright sale. If you’re able to purchase a home outright, it means you won’t have to pay any rent alongside your mortgage. You’ll own your home once you’ve completed your mortgage payments.