Alter your home
Please use this form to inform us of any physical alterations (internal or external) you wish to make to your property, which may need our written permission. This can include (but is not limited to) changing doors, windows or fences, and where you may need planning permission for extensions, conservatories etc.
In many cases, we will be able to grant permission in writing without asking you for more information, but in some instances we may need to visit your property to assess your proposals in more detail.
Please note, you only need to complete the sections relevant to your request. Ensure that you have read the declaration below before submitting this form.
If permission is granted for your request you are agreeing to the following conditions (where applicable).
- All work must be completed by competent tradespeople and contractors. Contractors must work in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Gas work must be completed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer and a satisfactory safety certificate provided to Longhurst Group on completion of the work
- All electrical work must be completed by a NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT certified contractor and Longhurst Group must be provided with a satisfactory completion certificate following the works
- We will provide an asbestos survey based on the information you have provided us during the application process (we may contact you to get further information). You must ensure this is provided to the contractor completing the works. They must check that the survey is relevant and sufficient before works are started and the scope fully covers the work being undertaken.
- All work on and removals of asbestos containing materials (notifiable and non-notifiable) must be completed by a contractor licenced by the Health and Safety Executive. Information such as waste consignment notes must be provided to Longhurst Group on completion of the works
- If the proposed works are subject to Planning or Building Regulations Approval Notices under the Party Wall Act 1996 or any other statutory approvals these must be obtained and forwarded to Longhurst Group prior to starting the works
- Neighbours must agree to any works that may affect them (e.g. fencing, fence painting, parking large vehicles on driveways). Longhurst Group may contact them for confirmation. Under no circumstances should your neighbours access or egress be affected
- The entire cost of the works and associated costs are to be at no expense to Longhurst Group, including all future maintenance. If work is not completed to a satisfactory standard, Longhurst Group are empowered to complete works and charge the cost to you.
- Any damage caused to the property as a result of the works is to be made good to the satisfaction of Longhurst Group at your expense.
- Longhurst Group reserve the right to require you to remove the works and reinstate the property to its former state entirely at your expense should either party terminate your lease or tenancy
- Any permission request is valid for 12 months from when the resident is notified in writing of permission request being granted. If the work is not completed within this timeframe then the request must be re-submitted.