Our customers and our communities
- As a single organisation, operating from a strong financial and governance platform, we’ll be able to do more for our customers.
- We will maintain the personal touch, providing a localised and dedicated service.
- We will listen to our customers, care about our communities and support people to live the life they choose to.
Health and wellbeing
- Look to develop the Community Champion role across the organisation.
- Continue to work hard to reduce social isolation.
- Prepare colleagues to prevent crisis through early detection and intervention.
- Provide access to mental health support and support to people experiencing domestic abuse.
- Where appropriate, deliver the Longhurst Group Academy model across our communities to increase life skills and employment opportunities.
- Provide a range of opportunities for customers to get involved to help shape and influence the services they receive and volunteer with community projects.
- Use a comprehensive customer information database to proactively target support services for the customers and communities that need them most.
- Provide access to support and activities for carers.
- Find innovative ways to deliver a network of community initiatives.
- Provide community-led solutions to local problems: listen, learn and deliver.
- Provide access to services that support people to address financial hardship, manage their finances, maximise their income and address fuel poverty.
- Extend our money advice service and our employability and training offer.
- Extend our pre-tenancy preparation and tenancy sustainment services.
- Help people access apprenticeships as a route to skilled employment.
- Ensure the money we spend delivers wider social and economic benefits.
- Develop House 2 Home projects across our communities.
- Tackle homelessness by providing access to emergency short-term accommodation, move-on support, hostels and young persons’ foyers.