Spring cleaning checklist
Whether you’re getting ready to move home, updating your decor, or want a good clear out, here are some spring cleaning top tips:
- Declutter: This is the most important step in spring cleaning. Get rid of anything you don't use or need, such as clothes, furniture, and appliances. You can donate, sell, or recycle your unwanted items.
Don't try to sort your entire home in one day. Set realistic goals for yourself and focus on one room or area at a time. Slow and steady always finishes the race.
- Deep clean: Once you've decluttered, it's time to deep clean your home. This includes cleaning all surfaces, such as floors, walls, and countertops. You should also clean your appliances, such as the oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
Spring cleaning can be overwhelming, so it's helpful to break it down into smaller tasks. This'll make it seem less daunting and more manageable.
- Organise: Once your home is clean, it's time to organise it. This'll help you keep your home clean and tidy throughout the year. You can organise your belongings by room, type, or frequency of use.
- Spring-ify: Once your home is clean and organised, it's time to add some spring touches. This could include flowers, candles, or some fresh cushion covers. You can also change the curtains or paint the walls to give your home a fresh new look.
- Reward yourself: When you've finished a task, reward yourself with something you enjoy, such as a cup of coffee, a new book, or a massage.
Spring cleaning can be a lot of work, but it's worth it to have a clean and organised home. By following these tips, you can make spring cleaning a breeze.