Community Improvement Fund - Health and Wellbeing
Longhurst Group is delighted to launch its Community Improvement Fund, focusing on improving the health and wellbeing of customers.
Grant funding is available for constituted groups, constituted organisations or Longhurst Group schemes to help improve health and wellbeing in the community, create community cohesion or reduce social isolation.
Grants of between £100 and £800 are available.
Projects applying for funding must also support our Improving Lives 2025 strategy and therefore underpin one or both of our two pillars of improving economic resilience and health and wellbeing.
Applications will open on Monday, 8 August and close at 9am on Monday, 12 September. We reserve the right to close applications earlier in the event of receiving lots of applications.
Further strands of the Community Improvement Fund will be revealed in due course.
Full funding guidance
- The project must demonstrate that it’ll do one or more of the following:
- Improve community health and wellbeing
- Encourage or create community cohesion
- Reduce social isolation
- The project must support our Improving Lives 2025 strategy and therefore underpin one or both of our two pillars of improving economic resilience and health and wellbeing
- Grants of between £100 and £800 are to be made available
- Applications for grant funding will be open from week commencing 8 August
- The closing date for applications is 12 September – we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward in the event of a high number of applications
The fund will be open to applications from constituted community groups working in the communities in which we operate, our constituted residents' groups or colleagues on behalf of their scheme or community in which they are based
- The group or organisation applying for funding will need a bank account for funds to be paid into, which must be in the name of the group or organisation. Funding cannot be paid into an individual’s personal bank account. Group schemes include General Needs Schemes, Sheltered Schemes and Leasehold Schemes
- The grant can be used for a one-off project or for a longer ongoing project
- Applications are particularly welcome from groups, organisations or schemes that haven’t previously applied for funding
- Successful applicants will need to be able to demonstrate outcomes of the funding.
- Only one application per group/scheme/organisation will be considered
- Not open to individual customers
- Not open to political groups.
- Funding for exercise classes run by external organisations
- Purchase of games/puzzles for use by customers in communal areas to encourage social interaction
- Provision of activities/equipment to bring customers together to reduce isolation and loneliness
- One-off community events to engage with customers and communities (particularly if they reach out to excluded groups)
- Training and learning opportunities to improve economic resilience
- Projects to improve communal outdoor space which would improve the health and wellbeing of customers and communities.
Applicants are encouraged to be innovative with their submissions.
All applications will be considered by a panel comprised of Longhurst Group customer panel members and Group colleagues.
Please ensure that you answer all the points fully, keeping to the indicated word count to enable applications to be assessed fairly.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Please complete your application using the form below by 12 September.
If your application is successful, we expect you to provide feedback about the outcomes of how your funding has been used and how it’s improved the health and wellbeing or economic resilience of the beneficiaries.