Colleagues come together to help Longhurst Group to Make A Stand
Colleagues from across Longhurst Group have come together to show their support for people experiencing domestic abuse as part of the Make A Stand campaign.
The campaign, from the Chartered Institute of Housing, has brought together housing associations across the country to tackle the issue of domestic abuse in our communities.
As part of our work to Make A Stand, colleagues from across the Group have filmed messages of support to those who may be experiencing abuse, in all its forms.
The result is the video below, which has been shared across our social media platforms to encourage people to seek support and raise awareness of our involvement in the campaign.
To watch the video, click the link below.
Below is a list of national support services. However, if you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 999.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: Run by Women’s Aid and Refuge. Call 0808 2000 247
- Women's Aid: For a full A-Z list of local support groups, visit womensaid.org.uk
- Refuge: For support and advice, literature and articles, visit refuse.org.uk
- Men’s advice: Confidential support for male victims of domestic abuse. Call 0808 801 0327
- Mankind Initiative: Confidential support for male victims of domestic abuse. Call 01823 334 244
- Neighbourhood Watch: To find our local branch, visit www.ourwatch.org.uk
- Galop: Support for LGBTQ+ people experiencing domestic abuse. Call 0800 599 9247
- The Forced Marriage Unit: Forced marriage and / or honour crimes. Call 020 7008 0151
- Respect: Concerned about your own abusive behaviour? Call 0808 802 4040