In Northamptonshire and Rutland, we offer a range of equipment to help you remain safe and independent within your home. This includes a lifeline service and additional tailored equipment solutions to meet your needs.
Our Lifeline service provides 24-hour help at the touch of a button, providing peace of mind for you and your family.
The equipment consists of a device that is connected to your telephone line and a pendant that you wear around your neck or wrist. The pendant can be used to call for help from anywhere in the home or garden, within a range of 50 metres from the device.
How it works:
- To call for help, press the button on your pendant.
- This will automatically alert the 24-hour response centre and an operator will answer and arrange the help required.
- The response centre will speak to you through the device. Unlike a telephone, it has a very powerful speaker and microphone, so even if you are in the next room, you will still be able to communicate with them.
- If you are unable to talk, the operator will still arrange help from your nominated contacts or the emergency services.
What you need to get started:
- An active telephone line and nearby electric socket.
- One to three emergency contacts, such as family members, friends or neighbours, who live within 20 minutes of your home. These emergency contacts should have a key to your home and can be contacted if you need help. If you do not have anyone living close by, then you will need a key safe, which will allow an authorised person to access your home in an emergency. If you don't have someone to fit a key safe, we can help with this.
How much does it cost?
Lifeline costs £4 per week*, including the lifeline unit and pendant, the 24-hour response centre support and maintenance of the equipment. This charge is subject to VAT but many customers with health needs can claim VAT exemption.
Ask us about a six-week free trial and free installation.
We also offer a range of solutions, tailored to individual needs, which are designed to make life easier and safer and give you peace of mind whether you at home or out and about. Popular items include:
- Fall detectors
- Bed and chair sensors
- Door sensors
- Epilepsy sensors
- Smoke and gas detectors
- GPS trackers
- Easy-to-use phones
- Medication dispensers
- Memory aids
- Visual and hearing impairment devices.
How can I access this service?
For more information or to arrange a visit/demonstration with one of our Assistive Technology advisors, please call us on 0300 123 66 11 or email email@example.com.
*Lifeline costs are subject to change.