Change accessibility  Google translate  Change contrast   Font size 

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size

Aids and adaptations in your home

If you or a family member are experiencing difficulties in maintaining your independence, we may be able to help by adapting your home.

We can help you live more comfortably and safely with minor adaptations such as the installation of grab rails and handrails or lever taps on sinks.

Typically, we are not able to fund major adaptations such as stair lifts, over bath showers, level access showers or structural alterations such as the widening of doors or installation of ramps.

You should be able to apply for a Disability Facility Grant (DFG) from your local council. How much you can receive depends on your income and savings, so you may have to pay towards the cost.

Although we cannot make a grant application for you, we may be able to help you with advice on aspects such as agreeing the plans and specifications.

If your home is unsuitable for adaptations, we may still be able to assist by helping you move to a more suitable property.

  Find out more

To find out more, please call us on 0300 123 1745 (press option 3 for Customer Services) or visit our Contact Us page to get in touch online.

Menu Clock House Get involved Headset Magnifying Lock Burger menu Close Wrench Wallet Heart Life ring Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube TikTok Lightbulb People Map pin Blocks List GBP Arrow right Search care Longhurst Group Longhurst Group L & H Homes L & H Homes Friendship Care and Housing Friendship Care and Housing Libra Treasury Libra Treasury Spire Homes Spire Homes Keystone Keystone Axiom Axiom