Houses who own 100%
You will be required to follow the statutory route of The Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (‘the Act’).
Please see the steps you are required to take below:
- Inform Longhurst Group that you would like to extend your lease by serving us with a Section 42 Notice. A solicitor will assist you with this.
- Once we have received the Section 42 Notice we will appoint an independent valuer to calculate the cost of premium required to extend the lease. You will be required to pay for this valuation.
- We will provide you with a copy of the valuation. This will determine the cost of the premium to be paid.
- Once the premium has been agreed between the parties the solicitors will draft the lease extension.
- Your lease will be extended.
If you require further information regarding extending your lease please complete the below form.