Choosing the right insurance
We’ll help you find a deal that’s right for you
There are lots of places to purchase contents insurance. For example, Money Supermarket is a price comparison site which offers a Renters contents insurance for people renting a property. You can apply online and compare different policies and select one that's just right for you.
If you'd rather speak to someone about your options, then why not give Thistle Tenant Risks a call? The National Housing Federation have teamed up with them because they provide My Home Contents Insurance, a scheme designed for customers living in social and affordable housing. Their policy starts from 74p a week and you can cover your belongings for fire, theft, flood, water damage and other household risks.
Benefits of My Home Contents Insurance:
- A home contents insurance designed for you
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers your home improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options.
How to apply:
Want to know more about contents insurance?
Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, has a helpful guide which includes the eight need-to-knows about contents insurance for people renting a home.