Choosing the right insurance
Finding the right home contents insurance for your home can be time-consuming. We’ve put some advice to help you find a deal that’s right for you.
Finding the right home contents insurance can be time-consuming. We’ve put together some advice to help you find the right deal.
You can buy home contents insurance from lots of places. Price comparison sites like Money Supermarket offer renters’ contents insurance for those renting their home. You can apply online, compare different policies and select the one that’s right for you.
If you’d rather speak to someone about your options, you could call Thistle Tenant Risks.
Prices depend on your total sum insured and payment method. You can cover your belongings for fire, theft, flood, water damage and other household risks.
Benefits of My Home Contents Insurance
- A home contents insurance designed for you
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers your home improvements (up to £2000 or 20 percent of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options.
How to apply:
- Call 0345 450 7288 to apply over the telephone
- Complete an application form
- Email: email@example.com.
Want to know more about contents insurance?
Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, has a helpful guide which includes the eight need-to-knows about contents insurance for people renting a home.