Whether it is to access services online, stay connected or improve ICT skills, we can help.
Please click on the headings below, for more information.
If you need more information, please get in touch using our online form below.
ICT for beginners
As a registered UK Online centre, we have access to over 30 free courses through Learn My Way.
Learn My Way offers a variety of free online courses for beginners to work through, from basic courses like using a keyboard and using email to more diverse courses like mobile banking and video calling. Anyone can sign up.
You can take as many or as few as you like and complete them in any order. Once registered, you can save your progress for next time.
The following subjects are included:
- Using your computer or device
Learn about using a computer or mobile device such as a phone or tablet.
- Online basics
How to search and explore the internet, keep in touch with email, and use public services online - all while staying safe and secure.
- Office programs
There are lots of ways you can make information look good using a computer.
- More internet skills
This subject is designed to make sure you’re confident with everything you might need to do on the internet, including online shopping and social media.
- Online safety
If you’re using the internet, you may need to think about staying safe online.
- Finding a job online
Finding and applying for jobs can be tough, but learning how to search and apply for jobs online will make the process much easier and open up more opportunities for you.
- Improving your health online
There are lots of ways you can use the internet to support your health.
- Managing your money online
Finances can be tricky, but this subject will help you learn how to budget, bank and shop online in a safe and easy way.
- Public services online
Find out information about public services and save time and money by visiting local and national government websites.
Registration is quick and easy - it just requires an email address and our centre number, which is 2620007.
Make it Click has a variety of free courses, tools and resources aimed at those aged 18 and over, wishing to find employment, develop in a current job or progress to a new one.
Build your digital skills
Make It Click features free courses, tools and templates that you can trust. You can learn new apps, improve the skills you already have and take a positive step forward in your work.
Registration is through the Learn My Way website, with an email address and our centre number, which is 2620007.
Once registered, you will be able to access the subjects and create your own ‘playlist’ of tailored resources.
The Making Money Count website has free, impartial advice on getting online affordably and finding the best mobile or broadband deal.
Here are some handy hints to keep in mind when going online:
- Check coverage in your area– there’s no point getting a great data offer if you can’t get a signal. You can check with Ofcom here.
- Look for second-hand devices– most major stores will sell refurbished devices alongside brand new items, so you can save yourself a lot of money while doing your bit for the environment.
- Shop around– use a price comparison website to compare companies for the best deal. Even if you’re currently tied in to a contract, get in touch with your provider as they may still be able to offer you a better deal.
- What do you need it for?– consider what you will be doing online, especially if your data is capped. Will you be browsing the internet, chatting to people on WhatsApp or watching films? Confused.com have a simple mobile data checker that shows you how far data can go.
- Stay safe– there are many public places where you can get online for free using wifi, such as cafes, shopping centres and libraries. Even if they have a secure network that needs registration, or they require a log-in, you should always exercise extreme caution when using these services and never send sensitive personal or financial data.