End of defects reporting form
Advice on qualifying defects and what and what not to include:
- Cracks thicker than a pound coin may qualify as a defect. If a crack is less than the thickness of a pound coin, this is more than likely due to the natural ‘settling’ of the property. Please include photos where possible. Any cracking reported will be reviewed before being confirmed as a valid defect.
- Issues caused by alterations you've carried out don't qualify as a defect. For example, if a leak occurs you've installed your own shower screen.
- Scratches and minor damage to walls, doors and windows or other parts of the property etc that were recorded at the point of handover from the developer to us will qualify as a defect. Anything not recorded at this point doesn't qualify and can't be reported.
- Waterlogged gardens caused by your own alterations or failure to follow maintenance advice doesn't qualify as a defect.
- Drain blockages caused by misuse or not following maintenance advice such as flushing baby wipes doesn't qualify as a defect.
- Any damage, either malicious or accidental, won't be covered under the defect liability period and will be your responsibility to repair.
Please note you should only complete the following form if you've been instructed to do so by a member of the Aftercare Team.