One organisation, one team, one vision
As part of our continued drive to improve the service we provide to our customers, we have consolidated our four member companies (landlords) to form a single organisation. From Monday 1 July, our four member companies: Axiom Housing, Friendship Care & Housing, Spire Homes and Longhurst & Havelok (L&H) Homes came together to from one organisation, called Longhurst Group.
What this means
- Longhurst Group is a charitable housing provider regulated by the Regulator for Social Housing.
- The Group is led by a single board, made up of people recruited from current board directors across the Group.
- We still have offices and colleagues in the communities we serve.
What are the benefits of coming together?
- By working more efficiently we will be able to save over half a million pounds each year.
- This means we can invest more in our communities, build more homes and do even more for our customers.
- We can provide better services that reflect our customers’ changing needs.
- Our clearer structure will help us make key decisions quickly and easily
- By making these changes, we will be able to do even more to improve people’s lives.
What will these changes mean for you?
We have written to all of our customers to advise of this change and what it means for them, but here are the main things that our customers need to know.
Your tenancy or your lease
- You will not need to sign a new tenancy agreement and there is no change to your tenancy or your lease.
- Your rights, including those set out in your tenancy agreement or lease, or any statutory rights you have, are not be affected.
Your rent, services and housing benefit
- There is no change to the way your rent is set or how you pay it. It is just paid to Longhurst Group.
- You still receive services, including care and support, in the same way.
- If you receive housing benefit, you will not need to inform your local authority as we have done this for you.
- When we contact you, it will be as Longhurst Group
- When contacting us on the phone, you can use a single phone number. You can find out more about this here.
- If you are a leaseholder, you can contact us using the same phone number you have used before.
- The Longhurst Group website has replaced the websites of the four landlords, but you can still find out information about us and the services we provide in your area.
- We will soon have a single Longhurst Group Facebook page. This will provide localised information and updates for the different areas we serve, as well as general information about the Group.