Handy Person Service
Longhurst Group is pleased to announce that we have launched a new handy person service in partnership with our repairs contractor, Wates Living Space.
This new service is designed to help provide assistance to our customers who may require further help in their homes. There is no charge to customers – the labour is free, customers will just need to supply any materials.
Some of the ways the handy person service can help you include:
- Fitting draught excluders, energy efficient light bulbs, enclosed light bulbs
- Putting up curtains and/or curtain rails, putting up shelves, making small items of flat pack furniture
- Moving furniture to provide safer routes through your home, moving fixtures and fittings to make them more accessible.
- Improving communal areas such as putting up hanging baskets and erecting benches
There may be other ways we can help, so please get in touch if you feel somebody could benefit from the service.
Do I meet the criteria?
Requests need to meet one of the below:
- Helping to reduce energy bills
- Promoting wellbeing and independence
- Improving mobility and preventing trips and falls
- Improving security and safety
There is no age limit, each case will be considered on an individual basis. Customers must live within a Longhurst Group home (excludes leaseholders and shared owners) and be able to provide the materials themselves.