End of defects reporting form
Advice on qualifying defects and what and what not to include:
- Cracks thicker than a pound coin may qualify as a defect. If a crack is less than the thickness of a pound coin, this is more than likely due to the natural ‘settling’ of the property.
- Issues caused by alterations you have carried out do not qualify as a defect. For example, if a leak occurs following a customer installing their own shower screen.
- Scratches and minor damage to walls, doors and windows etc that were recorded at the point of handover from the developer to Longhurst Group will qualify as a defect. Anything not recorded at this point does not qualify.
- Waterlogged gardens caused by customers’ alterations does not qualify as a defect.
- Drain blockages caused by misuse or not following maintenance advice such as flushing baby wipes does not qualify as a defect.
Please note you should only complete the following form if you have been instructed to do so by a member of the Aftercare Team.