Rutland Community Well-being Service
What is the Rutland Community Well-being Service?
The Rutland Community Well-being Service offers a single point of access to practical advice, support and services for customers in Rutland to help to improve personal health and well-being, and the overall welfare of the community.
The service is co-ordinated by Rutland Access Partnership (RAP), which is led by Citizens Advice Rutland in partnership with Spire Homes and The Bridge (East Midlands), with services delivered by Age UK and Vista.
What support is available?
The service provides information, advice and support across a range of areas including:
- Healthy weight
- Smoking cessation
- Debt and money advice
- Sexual health
- Housing advice and homelessness
- Mental well-being
- Physical activity
- Healthy lifestyles
- Substance misuse
- Dementia support
- Volunteering and support for the community and voluntary sector
- Support for older people
- Advice and support for people living with sensory impairment
- Services to promote health and independence
- Support to access well-being self-help tools and materials.
The information and service is delivered by a range of staff depending on the enquiry:
- Community agents: offer practical advice and support on a one to one basis, by telephone of in a customer's home, ensuring any unmet needs are identified and relevant referrals or signposting onto further services is completed, putting people in direct contact with the appropriate agencies, to maximise independence and well-being.
- Specialist workers: offer specialist information, support and guidance in relation to a range of needs, such as homelessness support, stop smoking services, dementia services for individuals and their carer or family, and rehabilitation, advice or support, due to a sensory impairment
- Generalised workers: offer short-term support including brief interventions and advice relating to benefits, welfare, health, mental well-being, volunteering etc.
How can I access this service?
- Online: rutlandwellbeing.org.uk
- Telephone on: 01572 725805
- Visit: Via the Rutland Community Hub at Citizens Advice Rutland, 56 High St, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6AL.