Longhurst Group and Mears Customer Charter
This customer charter covers the service standards you can expect as a Longhurst Group customer in all heating repairs and servicing work you may receive from Mears.
We will continue to ask for your feedback to ensure our contractor delivers the high-quality service promised to our customers. Our commitments to you:
- We will communicate clearly and keep you informed and up-to-date at all times.
- We aim to answer your calls within 30 seconds.
- You will receive a reminder text 24 hours before your appointment and another to let you know when we’re on our way to your home.
- We will ensure any information sent to you is easy to understand.
- You can request our communication in a number of alternative formats, including audio versions, sign language and braille.
- We will use agreed passwords when communicating with you to give you peace of mind.
- We will fully explain why we are visiting your home and always show you identification on arrival.
- Engineers will arrange further appointments for any additional heating repairs that are required whilst they’re at your home.
- We will keep you up to date with the progress of your heating repair, servicing or heating installation and inform you of any changes promptly.
Evolving the service
- We will continually use feedback to enhance the customer experience.
- We will listen to you and use your feedback to improve our services.
- We will let you know what your feedback tells us and how we’ve used it.
- We will take complaints seriously, respond within our set timescales and learn from our mistakes.
- We will keep you informed of any service improvements through our website and customer newsletter.
- We will attend customer meetings where required.
- Colleagues will keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date to make sure we offer a first-class customer experience.
- We will always act with honesty and integrity.
- We will hold ourselves accountable to our working values.
- We will be open and honest in our dealings with you.
- We will follow our code of conduct and be respectful in your home.
- We will keep our promises and provide information to you when we say we will.
- Engineers will arrive on time and let you know if they are delayed.
- Upon arrival at your home, engineers will wait for five minutes for an answerbefore they leave, having left a No Access Card.
- We will call you back when we say we will.
- We will work with you to understand your personal needs.
- We will listen to you and consider your personal circumstances at every stage and offer flexible services as much as possible to accommodate your personal requirements.
- We will treat you as an individual – we will take time to understand any personal needs or special requirements and pass these on to our engineers.
- For Care and Support customers and leaseholders, we will aim to use the same engineers on each visit so there is a familiar face delivering our services.
- Where possible, we will provide temporary heating to support you.
- If possible, we will use female engineers where requested.
- We will offer an enhanced service to our elderly and vulnerable customers.
- We will set and maintain high standards in the quality of our work.
- We will always aim to fix your heating repair during the first visit to your home.
- All colleagues receive regular training to ensure the highest standards are always delivered.
- All engineers will leave your home clean and tidy after every visit and we will respect your property and make use of shoe covers and dustsheets to protect your home.
- Once we have completed our work and before we leave, we will explain what we have done and if any follow up visits are required.
- All engineers will wear branded uniform and have an ID badge - subcontractors will have Mears ID cards only.
- We will treat your personal information confidentially and with respect.
- We will protect all data given to us.
- We will act responsibly and take ownership of the service provided.
- We will book follow on appointments and order parts straight away.
- We will pass on all information to ensure the right person can help you.
- We will maintain our duty of care to you.